Friday, May 3, 2013

Ice cream Statistics

In the United States of America, the state that consumes the most Ice cream is Washington DC. Washington DC is buying 85% more Ice cream then the average American. This chart shows the cities and states that consume the most Ice cream in the USA. The next states that consumes the most Ice cream is Rhode Island and Winsconsin. Massachusetts is the fourth highest state that consumes the most Ice cream. I am not suprised that we are this high on the charts because of our seasonal ranges. Some interesting facts about Ice cream is that about 1.53 billion gallons of ice cream and related frozen desserts were produced in the U.S. in 2011. This is a huge number for any country! According to statistics, Vanilla Ice cream is still the most popular flavor of Ice cream. Companies said that Chocolate Chip, Mint, and Cookies and Cream were the next most popular flavors on the charts.What Ice cream do you think should have made the charts? Ice cream around the world is one of the most popular desserts that started a long time ago.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Monica! This post is quite intriguing. I never knew that Washington DC was the state that consumes the most ice cream in the US. Its funny how it is the top state, but not the top city. This picture is very interesting and fun to look at because of the way it uses cherries and ice cream to show a graph pertaining to ice cream. I also never knew that 1.53 billion gallons of ice cream were produced in 2011. That is huge! You know, I am a huge fan of ice cream as well. I practically eat it everyday for desert! It’s so yummy and a great, quick sweet snack after dinner. I agree with the statistics, I think vanilla should be the top flavor. It sure is my favorite! I do also like mocha chip and chocolate occasionally but I tend to stick with vanilla. Well, I really enjoyed reading your blog! I learned so many new things about ice cream that I would have never thought of before.
    From,
    Sofia Nelles

    ReplyDelete